Installation Services from Home Comfort Center in London
Why not minimize the chances your furnace won’t run when you really need it? In addition to wasting energy and money because of restricted air flow, a dirty furnace filter can cost you in repairs. One of the most common service calls is for an improperly working furnace because the homeowner forgot to put in a new, clean filter.
As a service to our clients, Home Comfort Center offers a few maintenance tips you can do yourself to help prevent equipment breakdowns and improve your energy savings. To regularly troubleshoot problems before they happen:
- Always regularly change your furnace filter.
- Replace the batteries in your thermostat every fall just prior to turning on your heat.
- At the same time, put fresh batteries in your CO2 and smoke detectors.
- Check that the power to your furnace is on.
- After a large snowfall, make sure your exterior exhaust vents and intakes are working freely and are not blocked.
- Remember to remove the cover from the outdoor condenser before turning on your AC in the summer.
- Schedule seasonal furnace and AC checks.