For many of us, air conditioning is a must during the hot summer months and we simply can’t go on without it. In many cases, staying cool can lead to an increase in your monthly electricity costs, so try the following tips to stay cool without having to cough up more money:
- As simple as this sounds, let some fresh air in if possible. A little bit of fresh air is always a good idea, and oftentimes, the evening air is cool and could be a great alternative to an air conditioner.
- Close the curtains and blinds to stop the warm rays of the sun from affecting the air inside. This will help your home remain cool and believe it or not, you will notice a difference.
- Limit your oven use and if you can, cook outdoors in the summer months. A hot oven will affect the temperature inside drastically and make your home feel even hotter, so keep that in mind the next time you want to use your oven on a hot day.
- If you really need to feel the chill, put your bed sheets or pillowcases in your freezer for a couple of minutes before using them. This is a great way of falling asleep in a cool setting and a chilled bed.
- Use fans throughout your home. They hardly use up any electricity and can provide you with the cool relief you need, so it’s definitely worth considering if you don’t want to have your AC unit running all summer long.
- If you want something easy, jump into a cold shower. This will cool your body and recharge your batteries so that you can make it through another hot day.
- Stay hydrated! Sometimes we get so busy that we forget to drink enough water, which can lead to dehydration. Drink lots of cold liquids throughout the day and your body will react better to the heat so that you’re less uncomfortable.
These are great tips if you want to try being creative, but if they don’t do the trick and you need a reliable air conditioner, call Home Comfort Center to help you beat the heat! From central air to ductless mini-splits, we’ve got you covered so you won’t sweat any longer.